Construction sites are one of the most dangerous types of
Why you need a New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
As an injured worker who sustained a work-related injury or illness, you are entitled to receive workers’-compensation benefits regardless of fault. Before you can begin receiving workers’ compensation benefits you must notify your employer of your injury and how it was sustained. Under New Jersey workers’ compensation law, an employee who suffers a job-related injury or illness is entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits.
- Temporary Total Benefits.
- Permanent Partial Benefits.
- Permanent Total Benefits.
What you should know about worker’s compensation:
- If you require medical treatment your employer, or its insurance carrier, has the legal right to select the physician or medical facility that will treat your work-related injury or illness. That right is not exclusive.
- If you feel medical treatment, including physical therapy, was prematurely ended you may be able to have the medical treatment restored.
- It’s against the law for an employer to retaliate, discriminate, or discharge an employee for seeking workers’-compensation benefits.
- If you’ve been subject to such discrimination or retaliatory conduct, contact The Office of Special Compensation Funds (OSCF). The OSCF is delegated the authority and power to protect your rights from such retaliatory conduct.
Getting the Legal Help You Need
When you are injured in a work-related accident, you need to focus on getting the necessary medical attention for a speedy recovery. Dealing with New Jersey’s complex workers’ compensation laws may be confusing and stressful. The insurance company and your employer may take advantage of you by denying you the compensation and medical benefits that you are legally entitled to. They may even pressure you to prematurely return to work.
In order to ensure that your legal rights are protected and you get the full extent of the compensation that you deserve, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced New Jersey workers’ comp attorney. At the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo, we will help you get the benefits you deserve and take the confusion out of the complex workers’ compensation claim process.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact New Jersey workers’ comp lawyer, Dan T. Matrafajlo, for a free case assessment or call 908-248-4404.
- Agricultural Hazards for Young Employees
- Cuts and Lacerations in the Poultry Industry
- Electric Power Injuries
- Forklift Injuries
- Forklift Injuries at Work
- Grocery Warehousing: Packaging
- Hearing Loss or Deafness
- Machine Guarding in the Workplace
- Occupational Hazards in Hospital Emergency Rooms
- Office Work Hazards
- Preventing Workplace Injuries
- Workers Compensation FAQs
FREE CASE EVALUATION
3 Important Tips On How to Avoid Injuries on Construction Sites
Construction Accidents: Workers Compensation v. Personal Injury Claims
When you are injured in a work-related construction accident, you