- Free Consultation
5 Steps to Take After a Serious Bus Accident
Many of us rely on public transportation as a means to get from one place to another. We use buses, trolleys and trams to go to work, the market, or to a friend’s house. As the use of public transportation increases, so does the number of serious and fatal accidents. To meet this higher demand, bus companies have to rely on more over-worked and inexperienced drivers.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, you should consult with an attorney as you may be entitled to money damages for the injuries you have sustained.
What To Do After a Bus Accident
Just because you are entitled to compensation does not mean that you will in fact obtain the compensation that you deserve. The steps you take or fail to take after an accident can impact your personal injury claim. To protect your legal rights and ensure you get the full extent of the compensation you deserve, you should consider these five important steps:
1. Obtain immediate medical care. Getting medical attention after a bus accident is important both for your personal injury claim and your overall health.
2. Preserve evidence from the accident. It is important that you save any piece of evidence from the day of the accident.
3. Gather information from the scene of the accident. This includes taking pictures of the scene of the scene of the accident. Depending on the facts, more than one party may be liable for your injuries.
4. Call the police. The police will most likely be called by the bus driver or his or her superiors. However, if the police do not arrive within a few minutes, you should take the initiative to call them.
5. Contact an experienced bus accident lawyer. A good attorney will protect your legal rights and work hard to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New Jersey bus accident attorney, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.