Factors To Consider When Valuing Your Construction Accident Case
Construction accidents can be one of the most catastrophic types of personal injury accidents – especially for construction workers. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), in 2014 nearly 4,700 construction workers were killed from work-related injuries – that equals to nearly 90 deaths a week or more than 13 deaths per day.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction site accident, it is important to protect your legal rights by hiring an experienced attorney. Your lawyer can help you file a claim and determine how much your case is worth.
How To Value Your Construction Accident Claim
There are a number of different factors that you and your construction accident attorney need to consider in order to consider the value of your claim. Some of these factors include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of medical and other accident-related expenses
- The loss of income you sustained as a result of your accident
- Whether your injuries are permanent or temporary
- The aggravation of pre-existing injuries or medical condition that you may have had prior to the construction accident
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- Your mental or emotional anguish resulting from the injuries
- Whether your injuries will prevent you from going back to the same line of work or career path
- Whether you expect to incur additional expenses relating to the medical treatment of your injuries or long-term care
Other factors that may directly impact your life and your treatment
Once your construction accident lawyer has properly evaluated these important factors, he may have a better ability to properly assess the value of your claim and determine how much monetary compensation you should expect to seek from the at-fault parties. Once your attorney has established the value of your construction accident claim, he will need to determine what type of compensation you deserve.
Obtaining Fair Compensation For Your Injuries
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a construction accident, you need to hire an attorney who will aggressively fight to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the full extent of the compensation. An experienced and skilled personal injury attorney will work hard to make sure you are compensated for your:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term medical care
- Any other out of pocket expenses you may incur as a result of the construction site accident.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a construction accident, you need to make it a priority to look for an experienced attorney who will work hard to help you seek the damages from the parties responsible for your injuries. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New Jersey construction accident attorney, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.