- Free Consultation
How to Successfully Testify in a Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury Trial
The majority of personal injury cases are not settled during settlement talks and need to be litigated in court in order for justice to prevail. If your New Jersey motorcycle accident attorney was not able to negotiate with the insurance carrier to get you the just compensation that you deserve, it will be necessary to take your case to trial. In doing so, your attorney may need you to testify at trial.
Although testifying on the stand may be intimidating, there are certain tips you can keep in mind to make the process easier and make your case more successful. Below are five important factors you should consider:
- Be familiar with the specific facts surrounding the accident. The more details you can remember, the more confident you will appear in front of the judge and jury. Your attorney will go over the facts of your case in advance.
- Speak in a clear and loud tone of voice. How you speak will have a direct impact on how the judge and jury will perceive you and the story you have to tell.
- Maintain eye contact with the jury. This is important advice your New Jersey motorcycle accident attorney will want you to remember because it will make you more personable in the eyes of the jury.
- Answer only the questions that are asked of you. Do not give more information than you are asked to provide.
- Dress in proper court attire as your appearance will be a reflection of what you have to say.
Injured In a Motorcycle Accident? Call Us!
If you need a New Jersey motorcycle accident lawyer, please call Dan Matrafajlo at 908-248-4404 for a free consultation. We have offices in Elizabeth, North Brunswick and Newark, New Jersey to serve you. Mr. Matrafajlo has the experience in New Jersey courts that you need. He has been recognized locally for his legal ability, named a SuperLawyers Rising Star, and has even helped set legal precedent in personal injury law with cases such as Hardison v. King. Dan will fight for your legal rights!