Important Steps You Should Take After a Construction Accident
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Mon Jan 2014
- Construction Accident,
Construction is a big part of the New Jersey economy. There are thousands of construction projects going on any given day in the state. While construction projects are beneficial because they create numerous jobs, they are also dangerous because they often result in serious or even fatal injuries to the onsite workers.
If you or someone you know has been injured on a construction site, you should contact a New Jersey construction accident attorney as you may be entitled to compensation.
Steps To Take
In order to protect your legal rights and get the full compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have sustained in a construction site injury, you need to make sure you take certain steps following the accident, such as:
- Get immediate medical attention. If you were seriously injured, it may also be necessary to call 911.
- Notify the construction manager and/or project owner of your injuries.
- Preserve evidence and document the scene of the accident.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- Contact a New Jersey construction accident attorney who specializes in handling such accidents.
Taking the appropriate steps after a construction accident is imperative in protecting both your legal rights to obtain the full compensation you are entitled to, as well making sure your injuries properly heal.
Injured at a Construction Site? Call Us!
If you need a New Jersey construction accident lawyer, please call Dan Matrafajlo at 908-248-4404 for a free consultation. We have offices in Elizabeth, North Brunswick and Newark, New Jersey to serve you. Mr. Matrafajlo has the experience in New Jersey courts that you need. He has been recognized locally for his legal ability, named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, and has even helped set legal precedent in personal injury law with cases such as Harrison v. King. Dan will fight for your legal rights!