- Free Consultation
Indoor Conditions That May Cause in Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen both indoors and outdoors. Although slipping and falling in a public place may be embarrassing, it can also result in serious and painful injuries. If you or someone you know was injured in a slip and fall accident, you should consult an experienced slip and fall attorney to protect your legal rights.
Common Causes for Indoor Slip and Fall Accidents
Below are common causes of potentially hazardous indoor conditions that may lead to a slip and fall accident:
- Failing to provide sufficient warnings when cleaning, waxing or polishing the floor.
- Failing to clean spilled liquids, food or any other objects on the floor or failing to post a warning within a reasonable time after being notified.
- Failing to keep the premises in a reasonably safe condition.
- Failing to correct a condition that could potentially cause an accident or be hazardous to other people.
Proving a Slip and Fall Claim
In order to hold the property owner or manager liable for a slip and fall accident, your attorney will need to prove negligence. At least one of the following must be proven in a successful slip and fall case:
- The owner or property manager was aware of the condition that caused the fall;
- The hazardous condition was obvious; or
- The owner or manager knew or should have known about the hazardous condition.
Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents are common and may result in serious injuries to the victim. If you or someone you love was injured in a slip and fall or trip fall accident, it is important that you seek immediate medical help. It is also important that you consult an attorney who is experienced in handling such premises liability cases to protect your legal rights.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with experienced New Jersey premises liability attorney Dan Matrafajlo, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at 908-248-4404.