What You Need to Do if You are Injured at Work?
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Fri Feb 2013
- Work Injury,
If you are injured at work, whether from a slip and fall, machinery accident or any other type of accident, you deserve compensation for your pain and medical bills. It is important to take the proper steps in order to ensure your rights are protected.
A New Jersey workplace accident attorney will want you to keep the following tips in mind to protect your legal rights in recovering the just compensation that you are entitled to.
- Notify your employer. You need to immediately notify your supervisor, foreman, or whomever you normally report to.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Getting immediate medical attention is important for both health reasons and to protect your legal rights.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company, unless your New Jersey workplace accident attorney is present. Additionally, you should also refrain from signing any papers or form without first consulting with your New Jersey workplace accident attorney.
- Keep up with your medical treatment. Always keep your doctors appointments and follow your doctor’s orders and treatments. Failure to follow your treating physician’s instructions may not only be bad for your health but also unfavorable for your case.
- Inform your New Jersey workplace accident attorney if you return to work in any capacity. This is important because it will affect the legal damages to which you are entitled. In fact, your New Jersey workplace accident attorney may want you to consult with him prior to making any decisions of returning back to work.
- Contact your New Jersey workplace accident attorney if there are any changes to your address or phone number.
A work-related injury can have a great impact on all aspects of your life, from your health to your financial well-being. If you are injured at work, it is important to contact a New Jersey workplace accident attorney immediately.
To schedule an appointment with New Jersey workplace accident attorney Dan Matrafajlo, call 908-248-4404.