- Free Consultation
5 Important Steps To Take After an Uber Car Accident
When you are involved in a car accident – any car accident – you need to take the right steps immediately following the accident to ensure that you don’t jeopardize your chances of getting life back to normal. Failing to take just one important step could prevent you from obtaining the full compensation that you deserve.
In a motor vehicle accident with an Uber vehicle, the situation can be much more complicated – and the stakes can be much higher. Uber and Lyft accidentswhile rare unfortunately still happen as such, it is even more important that you take the right steps immediately following your accident.
The Steps To Take After an Uber Car Accident
Below are the five important steps you need to immediately take after an Uber car accident.
- Document the collisions with the police. This is important even if your accident seems minor at first. Minor accidents can still cause serious injuries. If you fail to contact the police and document the accident with an official police report, you might later have a difficult time proving the accident occurred the way you described it.
- Seek the appropriate medical attention right away. Your number one concern after getting into a car accident should be your health and recovery. It is important that you see a doctor right away for your injuries, even if you think they are minor. Symptoms of certain injuries may not surface until days or weeks after the accident.
- Collect as much evidence as possible. When you’re injured and in shock, collecting evidence might not be the first thing on your mind. However, to the extent possible, it is important to document the facts as much as possible, including but not limited to taking photos of the scene of the accident, recovering any dash cam footage (if one has been installed by a company like Blackboxmycar), and collecting pertinent information from all parties involved and any witnesses to the accident.
- Do not talk to anyone, even representatives from your own insurance company. Any information that you provide anyone regarding the accident can be used against you. As such, it is important not to talk to anyone until you have had a chance to consult with an attorney.
- Hire an experienced Uber accident attorney. Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are still fairly new and involve various factors that often make these types of car accident cases more complicated. When consulting with potential attorneys, it is important to make sure they have successfully handled these types of cases. You can always read a little more to see who the perfect uber accident lawyer is for you.
Call an Experienced Car Accident Attorney In New Jersey
If you or someone you know has been injured in any type of car accident, especially one involving an Uber, you need to make it a priority to look for an experienced car accident attorney who will work hard to help you seek the damages from the parties responsible for your injuries. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New Jersey car accident attorney, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.