New Jersey Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Aggressive representation for injured accident victims
Falls are one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries in the United States. According to the National Safety Council, there are approximately 8.9 million visits to the emergency room every year due to slip injuries. Although falls can be dangerous for anyone, the risk of falling and fall-related problems rises with age.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident that you believe was the result of the negligence or recklessness of another party, you may be entitled to monetary damages. With the legal team at Beninato & Matrafajlo, Attorneys at Law on your side, you can be confident that you will obtain the full extent of the money damages that you deserve. We have the experience, knowledge and resources to help you successfully handle your claim.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
There are many factors that may ultimately cause you to get injured in a slip and fall accident. Some of the most common causes of slip, trip and fall accidents include:
- Slick floors
- Loose or uneven carpeting
- Cracked sidewalks or parking lots
- Insufficient lighting
- Debris or other walkway obstructions
- Poor maintenance of the premises, etc.
- Slipper or dangerous stairways
- Raised nosing or defective handrails on stairways and ramps
The owner of the property where you slipped, tripped or fell may be liable for the injuries you suffered as a result of these or other potential hazards. The key in successfully proving your slip and fall accident claim is to show that the property owner’s, or the manager’s, negligent actions was what caused you to slip, trip or fall and suffer injuries. These types of cases are often complex and require the knowledge and expertise of a slip and fall attorney to prove the case.
The attorneys at Beninato & Matrafajlo, Attorneys at Law have the experience necessary to successfully handle your slip and fall claim and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Recovering Compensation for Slip and Fall Accident Victims
If you have suffered injuries in a slip, trip or fall accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of the owner or the manager of the property, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental suffering
- Any other out of pocket expenses you may have incurred as a result of the accident
Even the slightest slip and fall accident can significantly impact the quality of your life. If you were seriously injured, you will no doubt require many adjustments to nearly every aspect of your life and livelihood. Moreover, the financial costs can be destructive. You need to hire the right attorney to hold the guilty parties liable for their conduct.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced New Jersey slip and fall accident attorney, please call Beninato & Matrafajlo, Attorneys at Law at (908) 248-4404 for a free consultation. There are no fees until we win your case!
- The Basic Elements to successfully establish a Slip and Fall case in the State New Jersey Discussed
- Premises Liability and the Concept of Notice in New Jersey
- Why Sunny Autumn Days Could Present A Greater Risk of Accidents
- Hurt While at a Shopping Mall or Store: What You Need to Know
- A “Little” Fall Downstairs Can Change Your Life
- Did You Actually Trip and Fall, Rather than Slip and Fall?
- Slipping and Falling on Ice Can Be Frightening
- Slipped and Fell in a Store? Can You Make a Claim?
- Uneven Sidewalks and Cracks: What Happens if You Fall?
- Feeling Helpless After You Slipped and Fell on Ice?