New Jersey Premises Liability Lawyer
When you walk onto another person’s property, whether it is a friend’s house for dinner, the mall to go shopping or the supermarket to buy groceries, you don’t expect to fall and suffer an injury. Although you may be cautious about your surroundings and any hazardous conditions that may exist, you cannot prevent all accidents.
If a dangerous condition on someone else’s property causes you to suffer a slip and fall injury, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the property owner. Proving liability in these types of cases can be difficult. As such, to ensure that you obtain the full compensation that you deserve, it is best to know as much as possible about these types of cases and hire an accident lawyer who specifically handles premises liability accidents. The legal team at Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law is dedicated to providing injured slip and fall victims with the help and guidance they need to hold the right parties liable and obtain the compensation that they deserve.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Fall accidents account for nearly 8 million hospital emergency room visits each year. This represents falls as the leading cause of visits (21.3%). More specifically, slips and falls account for more than 1 million visits, or 12% of total falls. Slip and falls accidents are described based on how they occur. Some common ways premises liability accidents occur include:
- Wet and slippery floors – all spills should be immediately cleaned and signs should be placed to warn visitors of wet floors.
- Cluttered floors – merchandise or items in aisles or other items that are left out represent tripping hazards.
- Damaged floors and stairways – owners should not neglect broken or loose stairs, torn carpeting, or loose floors. These can be a hotbed for a slip and fall accident.
- Inadequate lighting – if the premises does not provide sufficient lighting that allows an individual to see stairs, obstacles on the floor or recognize changes in the walkway, it can result in a slip and fall accident.
If you or someone you know has become the victim of a premises liability accident, it is imperative that you call a reputable law firm that specializes in these types of cases to protect your legal rights. Our New Jersey premises liability lawyers have the knowledge and experience to successfully handle your slip and fall claim and help resolve your case for its full value.
Where Slip and Fall Accidents Can Happen
The hazardous conditions discussed above can occur at different places that most of us visit on a daily basis, such as:
- Playgrounds and parks
- Theaters, arenas and stadium
- Retirement homes
- Work places
- Private homes of our friends and family members
Regardless of where your slip and fall accident occurred, the owner will most likely have insurance to cover these types of accidents. That is why it is imperative that you hire an aggressive and experienced slip and fall accident attorney in New Jersey to prove that the negligence or recklessness of the premise owner caused your accident and resulting injuries. Our attorneys are dedicated to protect your legal rights and hold the negligent parties responsible for their actions that caused your injuries on their premises.
Common Injuries Suffered By Slip and Fall Victims
Slip and fall accidents are one of the leading causes of some of the most severe injuries. These serious injuries can result in excruciating pain and life long suffering, requiring extensive medical care, treatment and rehabilitation. Some common injuries resulting from premises liability accidents include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Facial injuries
- Lacerations, cuts and bruises
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
The more severe your injuries are, the more expensive it will be to care for and treat your injuries. You may even need surgical procedures that could be very costly, in addition to the rehabilitation and physical therapy that may be necessary following the surgery. If your injuries were caused by the negligence of the property owner, we will take every step possible to hold those negligent parties financially responsible.
Recovering Compensation In a Premises Liability Case
When you are injured as a result of the negligence or recklessness of another party, you are entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical costs
- Loss of past wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Any other out of pocket expenses related to the slip and fall accident
At Beninato & Matrafajlo, our New Jersey premises liability attorneys will investigate the specific facts of your case to determine how we can help obtain the full compensation that you are entitled to. In order to obtain the maximum value of your premises liability case, we will need to consider the following factors:
- The specific type of injuries you have suffered
- The cost of your medical care, including any future medical and rehabilitation costs that you may incur
- Your loss of income and any loss of future income caused by a long term or permanent disability
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
- The percentage of fault (you should note, that even if you are partially at fault for your injuries, you can still file a claim for compensation against the party who is at fault).
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you need to make it a priority to look for an experienced attorney who will work hard to help you seek the damages from the parties responsible for your injuries. At Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, we make it a priority to fight for your rights.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New Jersey premises liability attorney, please call Beninato & Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.
- Premises Liability and the Concept of Notice in New Jersey
- Help! Know What Laws Apply When You Fall and Are Injured
- What You Need to Know If You’re Hurt at Your Shore Rental
- Slipped and Fell on Snow or Ice? What You Need to Know
- The Truth about Fire and Premises Liability
- Common Injuries Suffered by Premises Liability Victims
- PREMISES LIABILITY: FAQ