Elizabeth, NJ Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents happen every day. However, if you get into an accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, you may be entitled to money damages, especially if you are seriously injured. To ensure you get the maximum compensation you deserve, you must take every step possible to protect your legal rights.
At the law firm of Beninato & Matrafajlo, our Elizabeth, NJ personal injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it is when you get injured in an accident. When you hire our firm, our legal team will handle all the legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on your injuries and make sure you get the treatment you need to ensure you are on the road to recovery. We take pride in the fact that we are driven to get the maximum results our injured clients deserve.
Our Firm Can Handle All Types of Accidents
Accidents involving serious injuries can significantly impact all aspects of your life. If you were injured in a life-altering accident, our legal team can protect your legal rights and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
At the law firm of Beninato & Matrafajlo, our focus is exclusively on representing injured victims and families. Our experienced legal team has the experience and resources to handle any type of accident claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip & Fall
- Dog Bites
- Workers’ Compensation
- Traffic Offenses
Compensation For Your Accident Injuries
Our Elizabeth, NJ personal injury lawyers understand that each of our injured accident clients has unique needs and goals. We will take all steps to fully investigate the facts of your case and take every step legally possible to ensure you get you full compensation you deserve. Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for different things, including:
- Past and future medical costs
- Emotional distress and mental trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the accident
You Need to Hire an Elizabeth, NJ Personal Injury Attorney
Insurance companies train their adjusters to settle their claims as quickly as possible, for as little as possible. They will take all steps possible to deny your claim. This tactic even applies to your insurance carrier. The bottom line is that insurance companies do not care about the victims or their injuries – they only care about their pockets.
This is why you must level the playing field by hiring an experienced Elizabeth personal injury attorney to fight for your rights. With an attorney on your side, you can be confident that you have the representation you to get the full compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the important reasons why you need to hire a lawyer immediately after an accident:
- Knowledge of all potential damages. An experienced attorney knows your rights, the full extent of your damages, and what constitutes fair compensation for your specific facts when you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. This will allow you to get full compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Damage and injury are not always apparent. Our Elizabeth, NJ personal injury attorneys will immediately start investigating and piecing together your case. Just because you feel fine, it does not mean that you are not injured. Some accidents injuries aren’t always apparent right after an accident.
- In depth knowledge of the law. An experienced personal injury attorney has in-depth knowledge of your situation and can establish which laws and factors are relevant to your case. This will be imperative in establishing liability and making sure the negligent party or entity fully compensates you for your injuries.
- Insurance negotiation and representation in court. Insurance carriers will try to deny your claim or pay you less than the full and fair value you deserve. Our legal team understands what information is going to increase your chances of winning your claim. And if they deny your claim, we are ready to fight and file a lawsuit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Consulting with an Elizabeth, NJ personal injury attorney is the best way to get all of your answers specifically answered. However, below are some quick answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Can you sue for pain and suffering in NJ?
If you are injured as a result of an accident caused by the negligence of another party or entity in the State of New Jersey, it is your legal rights to seek compensation for your injuries – both physical and emotional. These compensatory damages are called “pain and suffering.”
- How long does is take to settle a personal injury case in New Jersey?
If you are able to reach a settlement right away, you case should be resolved in as a little as 1 to 2 months. However, if you are seriously injured or there is a dispute in liability, your case can take several months to several years to settle.
- How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in NJ?
With certain exceptions, as an adult you have two years to file a lawsuit after the date of your accident. If the accident involved a minor, they have two years after their 18th birthday to file a claim.
Call an Elizabeth, NJ Injury Attorney
If you or someone you know has been injured or wrongfully killed in an accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, an experienced Elizabeth, New Jersey attorney can help. Call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC at 732.723.8840 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.