Truck Accident Attorney New Jersey
Help For Injured Clients – When You Need It Most!
New Jersey is a corridor state with more trucks on its highways per square mile than almost any other state. Unfortunately, more trucks generally means more accidents. Accidents involving trucks or commercial trucks often involve serious or even fatal injuries. Truck accidents can occur for various reasons, such as trucks operated by overly tired drivers, companies that don’t screen for problem drivers, and government that is slow to force new safety technologies on our roads.
Regardless of what caused your truck accident, if you were seriously injured, you may be entitled to compensation from the liable parties. At Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, our experienced truck and semi truck accident lawyers have first hand experience in dealing with the devastating aftermath of a truck related accident. Whether your case is resolved through settlement or litigation, our legal team is committed to providing you with the necessary expertise and dedication to succeed and obtain the compensation that you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
The Scary Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accidents have become all too often, and not just in states like New Jersey. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck accidents occur nearly 11 times every single day in the United States on average, killing nearly 4,000 people each year. In addition, more than 100,000 people are injured every year in collisions involving trucks. This is as bad as if a commuter jet crashed every single week of the year, killing everyone on board.
These numbers have only been increasing since 2009, as an improving economy leads to more stress being placed on trucking companies – and drivers – to get the loads delivered on time. We may not be able to totally avoid becoming a victim of such an accident. However, if you are injured in an accident, it is important to take certain steps to protect your legal rights. At Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, we make it our goal to make sure that our injured clients obtain the full compensation and aggressive legal help that they deserve when they need it most.
What To Do After a Truck Accident
If you or a loved one is seriously injured in a truck accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. However, this is not an automatic right. To ensure that you obtain the full compensation that you deserve, it is important that you take certain steps after the collision, including:
- Calling 911 if you or anyone else has been seriously injured and needs immediate medical condition.
- Obtaining all pertinent information for all parties involved in the accident, including the contact information for the truck drivers’ employer – in some cases, the employer may also be liable for your injuries.
- Obtaining the contact information for any witnesses to the scene of the accident.
- Taking pictures of the scene of the accident, if you are able to do so.
- Seeking medical attention from all necessary medical providers, given the extent of your injuries.
- Consulting with a personal injury attorney who specifically handles truck accidents.
At Beninato & Matrafajlo, we understand that the aftermath of a truck related accident can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially if you or a loved one has been seriously injured. Although we can’t turn back time and undo the devastating accident, we can help you hold the right parties liable. Seeking compensation may not make the pain and suffering go away, but it can provide you with the financial security that you need to attempt to deal with the difficult situation and try to get your life back on track.
Recovering In a Truck Related Accident
If you have been involved in an automobile accident with a truck, the limitation on lawsuit provisions under New Jersey Law (N.J.S.A. 39;6A-8) may not apply. The basic automobile policy imposes a verbal threshold or lawsuit limitation. Under this policy, lawsuit for pain and suffering are prohibited unless an injury results in:
- Significant disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of a fetus
- Displaced fractures
- A permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement
This limitation in filing a lawsuit to recover monetary damages does not apply if the automobile accident involved a commercial vehicle/truck or you opted out of this limitation at the time you purchased your policy. However, just because you were injured in a semi truck crash, it does not mean that you are automatically provided with the full compensation that you need.
To ensure that you recover the maximum compensation that you are owed by the negligent party who caused the accident and your injuries, it is best to hire an experienced truck accident attorney in New Jersey. The legal team at Beninato & Matrafajlo can be an invaluable asset in helping you maximize your lawsuit.
Common Truck Accident Related Injuries
Truck related accidents often result in more devastating injuries than other accidents involving only motor vehicles. The sheer mass and size of a semi truck or a commercial truck can and usually does total any vehicle it comes into contact with – even in a low impact accident. As a result the victims of the smaller vehicle often suffer catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Serious neck and back injuries
- Loss of a limb or other body parts
- Internal organ damage
If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck accident, you need to make it a priority to look for an experienced attorney who will work hard to help you seek the damages from the parties responsible for your injuries. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New Jersey truck collision attorney, please call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law at (908) 248-4404.
- Were You Injured in a Motor Vehicle Crash During Work Hours?
- Motorcycle ownership in New Jersey and the must knows
- How to file an Accident claim against Uber or Lyft?
- How to Hire an Automobile Accident attorney Lawyer in New Jersey?
- Hours of Service Violations and Truck Accidents
- Speed and Trucks: A Lethal Combination
- Fatal Car Crashes: Some Interesting Facts
- What in the World is Charitable Immunity?
- When a Medical Expert Disputes Your Complaints of Pain
- Your Unpaid Medical Bills When You’re in a Car Crash