An accident victim who suffers injury to the neck can face an uphill battle, both in terms of recovery of his/her health and recovery of damages. Often such injuries are disputed by the defendant’s insurance company because of the difficulty inherent in diagnosing them; consequently, a victim should seriously consider hiring an experienced New Jersey neck injury attorney.
Common Causes of Neck Injury
The neck is a particularly vulnerable part of the body. Even an accident in which the lower part of the body is struck can also leave the victim with neck injury as well. Among the more common causes of accidents New Jersey neck injury attorneys are likely to encounter are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports, especially contact-type activities such as football
- Slip and fall accidents
- Struck-by accidents
- Other accidents which cause the neck to be suddenly twisted or jarred
The Nature of Neck Injury
One consequence of an accident in which the neck is injured is that generally other areas are affected as well. The reason for this is that the neck connects the head and torso with bones, joints, nerves, and soft tissues. A neck injury can, for instance, cause injury to the nervous system.
Because the spinal column extends through the neck, injury often leads to complications, the most serious of which is paralysis. Indeed, an accident victim who suffers a neck injury which includes fracture of the cervical area of the spine may never recover, and may even die. Given the serious nature of neck injuries, it is important that a victim has a New Jersey neck injury attorney in his corner to help gain compensation.
Soft Tissue Damage
Among the more common neck injuries are herniated discs, fractures, and whiplash. The latter is not actually regarded strictly as an injury in itself, but a syndrome which includes damage to soft tissues, such as the muscles and ligaments. Whiplash is the most common type of neck injury from accidents. Unfortunately, it is also among the most difficult to prove—all the more reason to have a New Jersey neck injury attorney.
If You Have Been Injured
If you suffer a neck injury due to the negligence of another, New Jersey neck injury attorney Dan T. Matrafajlo may be able to help. Mr. Matrafajlo is an experienced personal injury attorney who will fight to help you gain compensation. Call 908-248-4404 today to arrange a free consultation.
- Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law Partner Dan Matrafajlo Receives “America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys” Achievement
- Six traits that make up some of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Can you fire a NJ Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How do Personal Injury Attorneys Get Paid?
- If you suffer a Herniated Disc in a car or trucking wreck is that a serious or permanent injury?
- What in the World is Charitable Immunity?
- Premises Liability and the Concept of Notice in New Jersey
- When You’re Hurt at Work and Your Employer Has No Insurance
- Your DWI Sentence Could Include Education and Treatment
- Why Sunny Autumn Days Could Present A Greater Risk of Accidents