Hurt at Work? Get Work Injury Compensation.
As an injured worker who sustained a work-related injury or illness, you are entitled to receive workers’-compensation benefits regardless of fault. Before you can begin receiving workers’ compensation benefits you must notify your employer of your injury and how it was sustained. Under New Jersey workers’ compensation law, an employee who suffers a job-related injury or illness is entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits.
- Temporary Total Benefits.
- Permanent Partial Benefits.
- Permanent Total Benefits.
Things to know about workers compensation
- If you require medical treatment your employer, or its insurance carrier, has the legal right to select the physician or medical facility that will treat your work-related injury or illness. That right is not exclusive.
- If you feel medical treatment, including physical therapy, was prematurely ended you may be able to have the medical treatment restored.
- It’s against
the law for an employer to retaliate, discriminate, or discharge an employee for seeking workers’-compensation benefits.
- If you’ve been subject to such discrimination or retaliatory conduct, contact The Office of Special Compensation Funds (OSCF). The OSCF is delegated the authority and power to protect your rights from such retaliatory conduct.
You Are Entitled to Benefits For Your Workplace Injuries
If you have been injured in a New Jersey work accident, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who is at fault. You may be able to seek compensation to cover your medical bills, ongoing care, lost wages from missed time at work and more. We can help you get benefits for just about any work related injury, bu here is a list of some of the most common ones we encounter:
Common Work Related Injuries:
- Ankle Injuries
- Back Injury at Work
- Burn Injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Electrical Accidents
- Knee Injuries
- Laceration Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Slip & Fall Injuries
Third Party Personal Injury Claims
In addition to a New Jersey workers’ compensation claim, you may also have a third party personal injury case for your workplace injury. This type of claim may be brought against individuals, other than your employer, whose negligence caused your injury.
The New Jersey workers compensation lawyers at the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo understand that no two workplace accidents are alike. We are ready to listen to you and learn about how a workplace accident or illness has impacted your life. We will do whatever it takes to get you the full workers compensation benefits you deserve.
Get the legal help for workers compensation in New Jersey
When you are injured in a work-related accident, you need to focus on getting the necessary medical attention for a speedy recovery. Dealing with New Jersey’s complex workers’ compensation laws may be confusing and stressful. The insurance company and your employer may take advantage of you by denying you the compensation and medical benefits that you are legally entitled to. They may even pressure you to prematurely return to work.
In order to ensure that your legal rights are protected and you get the full extent of the compensation that you deserve, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced Workers compensation lawyers New Jersey. At the Law Offices of Beninato & Matrafajlo, we will help you get the benefits you deserve and take the confusion out of the complex workers’ compensation claim process.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Worker compensation lawyers New Jersey, Beninato & Matrafajlo, for a free case assessment or call 908-248-4404.
We Get Results:
I sustained a serious injury on-the-job and soon after requesting additional workers compensation I was fired from where I’d worked for years. I didn’t know where to turn until a friend suggested I call Dan Matrafajlo. Thanks Dan, for making sure I was taken care of financially and my former employer got what he deserved.
I used Mr Matrafajlo for a personal injury case that occurred during work. Mr Matrafajlo genuinely cared for my well being and insured that i received a fair settlement. I would definitely recommend Mr Matrafajlo to my friends and family.
Related Workers Compensation Info
- Agricultural Hazards for Young Employees
- Cuts and Lacerations in the Poultry Industry
- Electric Power Injuries
- Forklift Injuries
- Forklift Injuries at Work
- Grocery Warehousing: Packaging
- Hearing Loss or Deafness
- Machine Guarding in the Workplace
- Occupational Hazards in Hospital Emergency Rooms
- Office Work Hazards
- Preventing Workplace Injuries
- Workers Compensation FAQs