Attorney Andrew Clark
Beninato & Matrafaljo, LLC
October 2016 – Present (3 months)Elizabeth, New Jersey
• Personal Injury Litigation: motor vehicle accidents; slip and fall claims; and, medical malpractice. Responsibilities include all aspects of litigation: pre-trial discovery; depositions; mediation; arbitration; trial; post-trial; and, extensive motion practice.
• Employment Litigation: discrimination claims (age, race, gender, religion, disability); sexual harassment claims; whistleblower claims; wage and hour claims; and, severance negotiations.
Employment Counsel, Marketing Director Sprout Health Group December 2014 – February 2016 (1 year 3 months)3 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724
Tobin, Kessler, Greenstein, Caruso, Weiner & Konray, P.C.
February 2008 – September 2014 (6 years 8 months)Clark, NJ
• Employment: discrimination (age, race, gender, religion, disability); sexual harassment; whistleblower claims; wage and hour claims; and, executive and ‘rank and file’ severance negotiations.
• Personal Injury: motor vehicle accidents; medical malpractice; slip and fall; legal malpractice; and extensive PIP arbitrations. Responsibilities included all aspects of litigation: pre-trial discovery; depositions; mediation; arbitration; trial; post-trial; and, extensive motion practice.
Distinctions: Member, Civil Practice Committee, Union County Bar Association, 2013-2014. Member, Richard J. Hughes Inn of Court, 2008-2014. Member, New Jersey National Employment Lawyers Association – New Jersey.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
February 1999 – October 2005 (6 years 9 months)New York, NY
• Employee benefits in corporate restructuring (Enron, WorldCom, Bethlehem Steel): compensation and benefit planning, design, implementation, and administration during bankruptcy; negotiation with government agencies (Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Internal Revenue Service, and U.S. Department of Labor); termination of qualified retirement plans (voluntary and involuntary); and, restructuring-related corporate financing.
• Employee benefits in mergers and acquisitions (domestic and trans-national); executive compensation; nonqualified benefit plans; and, pension trust investing.
Distinctions: Speaker “Compensation in Bankruptcy,” ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits, November 2002. “Executive Compensation in Bankruptcy,” ABA Annual Seminar on Employee Benefits, 2004 and 2005.
McCarter & English, LLP
1997 – 1999 (2 years)Newark, NJ
General compensation/employee benefits practice: drafting benefit plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and incentive compensation plans (stock option plans, employee stock purchase plans, and bonus compensation plans). Researching and drafting memoranda on a complex ERISA and tax-related issues.
to add a video, image, document, presentation…
Actuarial Sciences Associates, an AT&T Company
June 1996 – September 1997 (1 year 4 months)Somerset, NJ
• Employee benefits consulting for AT&T Corp., and other telecommunications companies.