Checklist of Items to Show Your New Jersey Car Accident Lawyer
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Tue Jul 2018
- Car Accidents,
Your ability to create a record of your injuries is essential in establishing a personal injury claim. Additionally, you should show your Edison car accident lawyer documents that relate to your case. In your first in-depth consultation with your New Jersey car accident lawyer, you should bring:
- Your tax return from the previous year.
- Wage statements, payroll checks, or other documents that show what you earned both before and after the injury.
- Anything medical that is related to your injury, including but not limited to braces, supports, crutches, prostheses, and prescription pill bottles (including empty ones).
- Any photographic evidence that you have of the accident and/or your injuries.
- Copies of the terms of any health insurance polities that might be providing payment for any of your medical bills. Although your Edison car accident lawyer will not be handling any insurance benefits collection for you, it is important for your attorney to know whether or not your policy has a clause that stipulates that the insurance company will get paid back through the settlement for any payments made.
- Reports and observations of any suspicious activity that you have observed. In personal injury cases, it is possible that investigators are keeping you under surveillance and are videotaping and photographing you. Your Edison car accident lawyer should be aware of any such possibilities.
- A daily log of how your life has been affected by the injuries that you have sustained due to the accident. The first things you should describe are tasks that you are no longer able to do; the second should be things that you are able to do but that cause you pain; the third should be how you day went in terms of the absence or presence of pain; and the last should be what embarrassing incidents have happened thanks to your injuries. The entries should be succinct but descriptive, as they are intended to show the other side that you injuries have affected you severely.
There are many other items that you should show your NJ car accident lawyer in order to build your case. For a consultation on your case, contact New Jersey personal injury attorney Dan Matrafajlo at 908-845-8894.