Common Accidents That Result in Serious Injuries
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Sat Jun 2015
- Latest Injury News,
When you are injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another individual, you may be entitled to compensation. There are many different types of situations that may lead to a personal injury (or tort law) claim. However, some situations are more common than others.
Regardless of what type of situation resulted in your personal injuries, it is important to seek immediate legal advice to protect your legal rights and ensure that you seek the full extent of the compensation that you are entitled to. An experienced accident lawyer can help you obtain compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Any other out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the accident
4 Common Accidents Resulting In Injuries
Although there are many situations that may result in injuries, the following four are the most common types of circumstances that result in personal injuries:
- Auto accidents. One of the leading types of circumstances that result in injuries includes auto accidents involving, cars, motorcycles and trucks. Depending on the specific facts of the accident, the resulting injuries can range from minor to catastrophic.
- Slip and fall accidents. These types of claims typically arise when an individual suffers injuries on another individual’s property. Property owners are responsible for keeping their property reasonably safe and free of hazards. If the owner fails to maintain the premises or fails to properly address potential dangers, he or she can be held responsible for any resulting injuries on the property.
- Dog bites or attacks. Dog bites and attacks are unfortunately common, especially among younger children. Each day, approximately 1,000 Americans require emergency medical attention for dog bite injuries. Although each state has its own specific laws regarding dog bites and attacks, most, including New Jersey, have adopted a “strict liability” statute that hold animal owners liable for any injuries caused by their dog even if they have used reasonable efforts to restrain the animal.
- Medical malpractice. According to national data, approximately $3.6 billion is paid out in medical malpractice claims each year in the United States. These types of situations occur when a healthcare professional fails to provide reasonably skilled or competent medical care and treatment. Examples of medical malpractice claims include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and medication mistakes.
If you or a loved has been involved in any type of situation that has resulted in a negligence-related injury, it is in your best interest to immediately consult with an attorney to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Injured in an accident? We can help! For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with New Jersey personal injury lawyer Dan Matrafajlo, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.