Common Injuries Resulting from Nursing Home Slip and Falls
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Wed Mar 2021
- Nursing Home Abuse,
Slip and falls are one of the most common types of accidents resulting in injuries in nursing homes across the United States. As a result of medical conditions prevalent amongst the elderly residents in nursing homes, such as Osteoporosis, the slightest slip and fall accident can result in serious injuries.
Common Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents at Nursing Homes
Even the slightest injury to an elderly can be serious given the frail overall health, especially those at nursing home facilities. Below are some common injuries caused by slip and fall accidents in nursing homes:
- Head Injuries and Permanent Brain Damage
- Broken Hips and Hip Fractures
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Broken facial bones,
- Separated Shoulders
- Broken Legs and Arms
- Broke wrists
- Facial Lacerations
- Torn ACL, MCL, PCL and LCL the Knees
When an elderly loved one is injured in any type of accident at a nursing home facility, including a slip and fall, they may be entitled to legal justice. To protect their legal rights, you should immediately contact an experienced New Jersey nursing home slip and fall accident attorney.
Causes of Nursing Home Slip and Falls
In many instances, elderly nursing home residents slip and fall due to the failure of the nursing care facilities to properly maintain the surfaces of walking areas including failing to clean up liquids and trash from the floor.
Below is a list of common causes of nursing home slip and fall accidents:
- Failure to Properly maintain surface
- Insufficient lighting in walkways and stairways
- Defective Doors and Loose handrails
- Loose and defective bed-rails
- Wiring and debris left on the floor
- Loose and broken carpeting – loose surface tiles
- Insufficient number of staff and Poor or lack of training for the staff
- Under qualified or non-qualified nurses and caregivers
- Lacking oversight by management of their staff
- Improper funding and maintenance of the nursing home
- Lack of Working Call Buttons
Call a New Jersey Nursing Home Slip and Fall Attorney Today!
The legal team at Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accident, especially at nursing homes and care facilities.
If you or an elderly loved one suffered a slip and fall injury due to the negligence of the nursing care facility, you may be entitled to monetary damages. Our experienced New Jersey nursing home slip and fall attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 908-355-7100 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.