Elizabeth, NJ Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles have become increasingly common on New Jersey roads. This means accidents involving motorcycles have also significantly increased. Injuries resulting from motorcycle crashes are often catastrophic because motorcyclists do not have the same protection as motorists. If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of the other driver, you may be entitled to compensation.
At the law firm of Beninato & Matrafajlo, our firm has built their careers on holding individuals and entities accountable for acts of negligence. Over the decades, our Union County motorcycle accident attorneys have helped countless injury victims recover full and fair compensation for their personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one. We take pride in the fact that we are driven to get the maximum results our injured clients deserve.
Getting Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you have suffered serious injuries in motorcycle crash, you will no doubt have piling medical bills to pay back. You may also not be able to go back to work for an indefinite period of time, depending on the extent and permanency of your injuries.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the following damages after a motorcycle accident:
- Current medical bills (including ambulance and emergency room costs)
- Future medical bills
- Property damage and loss
- Emotional distress and mental trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one
- Out of pocket expenses incurred because of the accident
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accident
New Jersey has one of the largest numbers of registered motorcycle in the U.S. While motorcyclists love to ride in New Jersey, the negligence of others can significantly increase the risk of severe and life altering injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclist deaths are 27 times greater than deaths in other types of vehicles involved in an accident.
Below are some possible causes for a motorcycle crash:
- Negligent drivers
- Defective roads
- Defective motorcycles
- Defective motorcycle parts
Regardless of whether the at-fault party is an individual, a company or both, the legal team at the law firm of Beninato & Matrafajlo knows how to bring a successful claim to hold them accountable for the losses and injuries they caused. Our Union County motorcycle accident attorneys regularly file claims against large corporations, and we know how to protect the rights of our injured clients in court against such parties and their legal teams.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The severity of injuries you suffered in a motorcycle crash can complicate your injury claim. The greater your injuries, the more significant the damages – and the more adversarial the claim can become as insurance carriers fight to save money.
Some common types of injuries suffered by motorcycle accident victims include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Crushed limbs
- Road abrasions, Lacerations, cuts, and bruises
- Internal organ injuries and organ failure
Types of Compensation Available to Injured Motorcycle Accident Victims
A motorcycle accident can leave victims with not only medical expenses, but substantially more damages – especially if the injuries are catastrophic. Our Union County motorcycle accident attorneys will carefully review each case to determine the full extent of your past and future losses to get you the full compensation that you deserve.
Damages that motorcycle accident victims commonly recover include:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning and capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities and disfigurement
Types of Motorcycle Crashes Resulting in Injuries
Any motor vehicle collision can result in serious injuries to the parties involved. The most serious and common types of accidents include:
- Head-on collisions – the force of a moving car crashing head-on into a motorcycle can result in fatal injuries for the motorcyclist. There is a good chance both the car and motorcycle are traveling at high speed, increasing the odds of the motorcyclists not surviving or sustaining severe injuries.
- Lane-switching collisions – Lane switching is common practice for most motorcyclists. Unfortunately, the close proximity of moving vehicles makes it hard for motorcycles to maneuver, making this practice extremely unsafe.
- Blind spot motorcycle accidents – when a motorcycle rides in a lane beside another vehicle, it may disappear in the blind spot of the car. If the motorist fails to look over their should before changing lanes, it may collide into the motorcycle in a blind spot.
- Distracted driver crashes – Distracted drivers cause accidents by failing to be aware of the vehicles, traffic signals and changing traffic conditions around them. Use of cell phones and navigation systems has significantly increased distracted driving.
Why You Should Hire a Elizabeth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
While you may be able to handle an Elizabeth, NJ motorcycle accident claim on your own in some very simple circumstances, working with a Union County motorcycle accident lawyer will generally be in your best interest. This is especially true if you sustained serious injuries or lost a loved one in the crash.
Insurance companies know what is at stake in motor vehicle accidents. They will aggressively protect their profits and take all measures to diminish the value of your claim and get you the least amount of monetary compensation. You attorney, on the other hand, will work even harder to seek the maximum amount for you. So, you must level the playing field by hiring an aggressive and experienced Elizabeth car crash attorney to represent you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Consulting with a Union City motorcycle accident attorney is the best way to get all your questions specifically answered. However, below are quick answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Who is at fault in most motorcycle accidents?
If one or the other is inexperienced or careless, it can instantly lead to an accident. Inexperienced drivers might not know to look out for smaller vehicles like motorcycles. As a result, the driver could collide with a biker as they try to pass or turn near the car.
- How do you respond to a motorcycle accident?
If you believe your motorcycle accident was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another driver on the road, the Elizabeth motorcycle attorneys Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC can help. Below are some important steps in the immediate aftermath of the accident:
- Asses yourself for injuries
- Call 911
- Get medical attention as soon as possible
- Exchange information with all parties involved, including witnesses
- Take photos of the scene of accident
- Call an experienced Union City motorcycle accident attorney
- What are the main causes of motorcycle accidents?
The top primary causes of motorcycle crashes include failure to yield and speeding.
- What time of day do most motorcycle accidents happen?
According to crash statistics collected by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), most fatal motorcycle accidents occur on weekend nights between the hours of 3 PM and Midnight.
- Do I need an attorney to file a motorcycle accident claim to get compensated for my injuries?
Unless you have minor injuries, it is worth it to hire an experienced and aggressive Union City motorcycle accident attorney after suffering injuries in a motorcycle accident. Even seemingly minor injuries can cause lifelong struggles and complications and a motorcycle accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call a Elizabeth Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has been injured or wrongfully killed in a motorcycle accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, an experienced attorney can help. Call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC at 732.723.8840 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.