How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help?
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Wed Oct 2023
- Car Accidents,
When you get into a car accident, especially one involving serious injuries, the last thing you want to do is to worry about the legal aspects of your claim – like proving you are not at fault and making sure you get the full compensation you deserve from the at fault party.
This is exactly why you need to hire an experienced New Jersey car accident attorney to handle your claim so you can concentrate on your physical, emotional, and mental recovery. With an attorney by your side, you can be confident that your case is being expertly handled in a timely manner.
What a NJ Car Accident Lawyer Can Do for Your Case
A good lawyer will have two main goals when they get hired to handle an accident claim: 1) prove your case, and 2) get you the full financial compensation to cover your expenses.
The first step you and your attorney should take to successfully prove your case is to collect as much important information as possible. Without key pieces of evidence, it will make it difficult for even the best attorney to prove fault of the other party. The most important information to collect is at the scene of the crash, which includes:
- Information for any eyewitnesses to the accident
- Pictures of all vehicles involved in the crash
- Pictures of the scene of the crash – especially before the vehicles are moved
- Information of all parties involved in the crash
Your New Jersey car accident attorney will also take important steps to ensure you get the full compensation you deserve. Some different types of compensation you may be entitled to based on the specific facts of your case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expenses related to your accident
Other Important things Your Attorney Will Do For You
Other important things your attorney will do for you as part of your car accident case include:
- Investigate the facts surrounding your case so that they can properly handle your case
- Assess the full extent of your damages
- Set you up with medical professionals to ensure you get the full care and treatment you need for the injuries you suffered from the accident
- Help you understand your legal rights
- Offer legal advice that is tailored to the specific facts of your case
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Represent you in court if your case does not settle
Call a New Jersey Car Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has suffered any type of injury in a car accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another driver, an experienced New Jersey car accident injury attorney can help. Call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC at 908-248-4404 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.