What Makes for a Good New Jersey Drunk Driving Attorney?
- Dan T. Matrafajlo
- Fri Jun 2023
Getting charged with drunk driving can be overwhelming and scary. Having an aggressive and experienced attorney on your side can make a big difference in successfully fighting the charges and avoiding the harsh penalties New Jersey law assesses on driving while intoxicated (DWI) convictions.
5 Important Qualities to Look for in a DWI Attorney
Finding and hiring a drunk driving defense attorney can be an overwhelming experience. You should hire an attorney as quickly as possible, but you need to understand that not all legal representation is created equal. Finding the right attorney is key to successfully getting the charges dismissed.
Below are 5 top qualities to look for when searching and selecting a New Jersey DWI lawyer:
- Experience. Experience is a key characteristic of a good New Jersey drunk driving attorney. An experienced attorney will have a deep understanding of the nuances involved in a drunk driving case. Additionally, the experience will provide a good attorney with important relationships with local prosecutors and judges, which will be invaluable during the course of the case.
- Knowledge. This is also a main quality you should expect from an attorney handling your DWI defense. A knowledgeable attorney should be able to provide you with updates, information about your case, and an overview of state regulations. They should also know how to utilize the science of alcohol and drug impairment to their advantage.
- Communication. Having good communication skills will enable NJ DWI attorney to ensure their client is fully informed. They can provide you with clear directions concerning the legal process and the potential consequences of your case.
- Zealous advocacy. The attorney you hire should be eager to protect your rights and seek the best possible outcome for your case. Your attorney should give you confidence that they will aggressively explore all available defenses to get a favorable resolution of your drunk driving case.
- Trustworthiness. You should be able to fully trust that the New Jersey drunk driving defense attorney you hire will provide you with sound advice throughout the legal process. Your attorney should display a commitment to your attorney-client relationship and build it on mutual respect, honesty, and integrity. Furthermore, you should feel comfortable sharing your personal information about your case with them and the entire legal team that will be handling your case.
Contact Us Today!
If you have been arrested for a DWI offense, you should discuss your case, including any potential meritorious motions to suppress, with an experienced New Jersey DWI attorney. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled attorneys, please call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC at 908-248-4404.